LEO Events, an award-winning global brand-experience agency, is recognized as a pioneer of innovative, industry-changing practices. Since its founding in 2002, the LEO Events team has showcased unbridled creativity, inventive tactics, and an extremely collaborative approach. Named to EventMarketer’s Top 100 It List for five consecutive years, LEO’s work is intentionally entrenched in the latest advancements, research, and data, ensuring that all events – virtual, live, and hybrid – are grounded in efficient and reasonable practices. LEO’s clientele includes national and international brands such as Walmart, AutoZone, and Hilton Hotel Corporation.
LEO Events is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept diversity, equity, and inclusion, we celebrate, support, and commit to growing it – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. Our corporate office is in Memphis with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga.
The Associate Producer (AP) is responsible for generating, acquiring, and preparing materials and information for use in the production of live, hybrid, and virtual programs and events. The AP works closely with client services, creative, digital, and project production leads to build and maintain the production schedule, travel schedules, content management, and assure deliverables are being met according to the confirmed timeline. The AP supports the production process by maintaining project documentation for production elements, research, production, and client team communications, show books, agendas/schedules, distribution of documents to team members, and logistics. The AP will work directly with the executive production team in maintaining budget, vendor contracts, and freelance management. This position will train and cross-train in a variety of positions.
The position is required to work from the office at least 3 days/week following a successful 90-day review and is ineligible for full time remote work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with senior team members to develop production timeline
- Maintain timeline of deliverables and distribution of materials through email, Dropbox and other forms of communication
- Acquire permits, insurance certificates, venue materials, and other project administrative documents
- Responsible for portions of the production and overall quality of the program, i.e., graphic/content development, coordination and management, script development and supervision, video production coordination, talent coordination, etc.
- Additionally for virtual events: platform management and studio scheduling
- Ensure adequate client relations and development including timely recognition of communications
- Communicate with production team to identify areas of concern and troubleshoot early in the process
- Support scheduling and projects of regular team members
- Attend program site surveys and events
- Manage on-site program event operations from start to finish including event labor and staffing, production team support, and general trouble-shooting
- Assist production lead with program settlement and recon; maintain and submit accurate invoice tracking grid
- Take lead role in producing smaller programs or elements of larger ones
- Manage small budgets or portions of budgets as directed
- Co-coordinate with the production event team, freelancers, and interns who provide event operational support to the Senior Production Staff and various project leads
- Support with ancillary talent production operations and execution as needed
- Approximately 25% travel required
- Able to work flexible hours at times
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college, or equivalent experience
- Seasoned event professional with over 5+ years’ experience
- Corporate event management experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience in at least one area of specialty, i.e.; video production, stage production, content and media development, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of event production
- Ability to work unsupervised on small to medium projects
- Demonstrated leader among employees and peers
- Strong negotiating skills and capacity
- Creative in thought and actions; ability to actively anticipate obstacles and create/suggest solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Motivated self-starter that embraces the opportunity to work independently and tackle other duties as assigned
- Ability to be a team player and work within a group setting to support as needed, no matter how small the task or role needed to achieve a successful outcome
- Able to handle numerous accounts/projects simultaneously with excellent organizational skills
- Able to self-manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively co-manage the project team
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Dropbox, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook and other basic software; Adobe CS6, Keynote, and other graphic software a plus
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time remaining in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.