A Celebration by the Book and Off the Chain
LEO Events partnered with Sherwin-Williams to create a vibrant celebration in honor of the company’s 150th anniversary. Celebration 150 had an obvious objective: commemorate Sherwin-Williams’ founding. But leadership had greater aspirations: make the company’s heritage come to life and make all 12,000 attendees feel part of its continuing legacy. LEO knew Sherwin-Williams had a story to tell, so that became the motif – to showcase that story in a mega way. Before the 75-minute production even began, interactive walk-in activities and videos engaged the audience for the 90 minutes it took to fill the arena, making them feel like participants and not just spectators. Countdown clocks, fashioned from oversized paint chips, ticked down the final minutes to show time.
A World Of Color
The high-energy opening featured dancers, singers, and a band, led by former SNL music director and Emmy-winner Katreese Barnes performing a custom-written song, “A Story to Tell.” Co-founder Henry Sherwin himself, played by an actor, stepped out of the pages of his book, bringing the company’s history and his Code of Principles to life. The new Sherwin-Williams CEO then addressed the organization for the first time, reviewing the company’s current successes and vision for the future. The audience was asked to imagine a world without Sherwin-Williams’ innovations – a world without color. The arena went dark, and the audience was asked to show their favorite Sherwin-Williams color on their phones, using a custom Celebrate Color app specially created and downloaded beforehand. The event culminated with a virtual and literal 50-member chorus featuring Sherwin-Williams employees, as well as confetti cannons and a send-off to a private evening at Universal Studios Theme Park. The results left an incredibly satisfied client and a story that is still being celebrated today.
LEO was proud to help paint this award-winning story by:
- Managing event concept and creation, set design, production, speechwriting, speaker coaching, and all entertainment elements
- Developing a custom event app
- 2016 EventMarketer Ex Award, Silver, Best Production of a B2B event
- 2016 BizBash Live Event Style Award Finalist, Best Staging & Design
- 2016 Special Event Gala Award Winner, Most Outstanding Spectacle
Color Made Easy
The Sherwin-Williams Company has grown to become today’s largest producer of paints and coatings in the United States, so it’s only natural to call on LEO Events to create a vibrant show for the Eastern Division comprised of an hour-long general session, as well as a vendor luncheon. More than 1,700 district and store managers, representing 25 regions, attend this event every year and leave feeling inspired with yearly sales goals, the company’s direction, and the division’s victories. LEO also produces the second day of events, which includes the Sherwin-Williams’ National Women’s Luncheon followed by a four-hour-long awards dinner.
As a longstanding and trusted partner, LEO Events delivers success in the overall program with:
- Custom design of each year’s themed logo and stage set
- Wide-screen content development, including an opening video and dynamic animated graphics for the general session presentation
- Executive speech writing and coaching
- Live voice-over talent for the 200+ award winners as they are announced to the stage, accompanied by their own unique music selection
- Personal design for every award category, along with animated medallions shown on the screen to represent years of service