LEO Events, an award-winning global brand-experience agency, is recognized as a pioneer of innovative, industry-changing practices. Since its founding in 2002, the LEO Events team has showcased unbridled creativity, inventive tactics, and an extremely collaborative approach. Named to EventMarketer’s Top 100 It List for five consecutive years, LEO’s work is intentionally entrenched in the latest advancements, research, and data, ensuring that all events – virtual, live, and hybrid – are grounded in efficient and reasonable practices. LEO’s clientele includes national and international brands such as Walmart, AutoZone, and Hilton Hotel Corporation.
LEO Events is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept diversity, equity, and inclusion, we celebrate, support, and commit to growing it – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. Our corporate office is in Memphis with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga.
LEO Events is searching for a Video Broadcast Engineer for our expanding Production Department. This role is responsible for the production and delivery of Eventfinity internal conferences and events conducted onsite and in a virtual environment from our Streaming Studios. There will be a variety of responsibilities including, but not limited to pre-production for virtual events, managing timelines, content deliverables, and utilizing equipment and virtual web platform technologies to facilitate events.
The position is based out of our Nashville, TN office and is required to work from the office at least 4 days/week, sometimes 5. This position is not eligible for fulltime remote work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Successfully manage the pre-production, technical event execution, and post event deliverables
- Communicate with Production team, gathering important technical details, and partnering with the Digital department to successfully execute the event
- Responsible for post event metrics collection (reporting/analytics) and light post-production editing for events
- Training end users on the platform’s collaborative tools and virtual technologies, ensuring the functionality of streaming media such as PowerPoint presentations, live video, screen-sharing, and audio/video playback
- Fill various support roles for live events which can include camera operation (b-roll capture), switching, graphics operation, video playback, and audio engineer
- Management of studio inventory in the studio and occasionally on show site
- Assist teammates with occasional onsite infrastructure, routine system updates, technical needs, and troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Broadcasting, Radio, Communications or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in live event or virtual production environment
- 2+ years’ experience in a corporate audiovisual support role
- Experience with streaming software (vMix knowledge is a plus)
- General knowledge of IT and networking
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus (Premier Pro, After Effects, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of audiovisual production equipment (Audio mixers, lighting/staging, HD/SD/UHD mixed format switchers, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of conferencing applications (i.e., Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both through virtual means and face-to-face encounters
- Must be deadline driven and able to multi-task
- Ability to calmly work under pressure
- Respect and maintain client and company confidentiality
- Proactive self-starter that acts with a sense of urgency
- Display a positive attitude and promote a harmonious work environment
- Willing to work nights and weekends occasionally and travel up to 20%
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.