LEO Events, an award-winning global brand experience agency, is recognized as a pioneer of innovative, industry-changing practices. Since its founding in 2002, the LEO Events team has showcased unbridled creativity, inventive tactics, and an extremely collaborative approach. Named to Event Marketer’s Top 100 It List for six consecutive years and Chief Marketer’s Top 200 Agencies for five consecutive years, LEO’s work is intentionally entrenched in the latest advancements, research, and data, ensuring that all events – virtual, live, and hybrid – are grounded in efficient and reasonable practices. LEO’s clientele includes national and international brands such as Walmart, AutoZone, and Hilton Hotel Corporation.
LEO Events is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept diversity, equity, and inclusion; we celebrate, support, and commit to growing it – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. Our corporate office is in Memphis, with additional offices in Nashville, Chattanooga, and Asheville, NC.
The VP of Development plays a key role in driving new business for LEO Events. This position is responsible for managing brand awareness, developing strategic promotional plans, and preparing marketing campaigns, in addition to attracting potential customers to increase sales revenues and improve the company’s profitability.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader with a focus on meeting, event, and global event solutions and possesses exceptional project management skills and outstanding relationship-building skills. This candidate has a strong work ethic with proactive communication skills that encourage courageous conversations and acts as a Player-Coach to the department heads. This position is able to build, motivate, and monitor a team of high-performing sales and marketing employees.
The position is required to work from a LEO office at least 3 days/week following a successful 90-day review.
Job Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Develop an agency business plan establishing organization volume projection in the annual budget to drive financial performance
- Design and execute strategic sales strategies to achieve agency growth
- Pitch, drive revenue, and expand LEO’s client base
- Target customer focus and direction
- Develop and prepare customized sales presentations
- Perform direct sales to new account opportunities. All new leads and opportunities start here.
- Develop value propositions that differentiate LEO Events from competitors
- Establish and develop the position as the initial point of contact and subject matter resource for selling activities
- Maintain a pipeline of new business opportunities as necessary to support sales and growth expectations
- Hire, direct, train, and supervise the sales team at the agency level
- Develop short- and long-term sales goals by meeting with leadership to understand priorities and business strategies
- Motivate and lead sales and marketing teams to support KPIs
- Coach employees to overcome objections and collaboratively work toward growth goals
- Give direction to marketing
- Plan, direct, organize, and coordinate sales events and campaigns
- Partner with SVP Account Management:
- Develop KPIs for Account Executives
- Create and maintain business process and solution design documentation
- Reevaluate CRM platform
- Develop reporting requirements for CRM, website, and social media
- Lead team to value existing partnerships while: driving new agreements and renewals/expansions; driving exploratory conversations; and building consensus with internal stakeholders
- Oversee departmental budgets
- Remain up-to-date and informed regarding industry trends, new technologies, and competitive offerings
- 10+ years of extensive sales experience in Industry Services
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field is preferred
- Strong financial acumen; experience with modeling forecasts and establishing pricing structures
- Proven ability to negotiate and close sales opportunities
- Sales management experience: the ability to coach and mentor other sales professionals
- Knowledge of general marketing including digital and email
- Consistently contribute effort, leadership, and creative thinking in a collaborative fashion
- Strong drive towards the fulfillment of company goals
- Able to communicate complex concepts and solutions clearly and effectively to all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to perform at the highest level of proficiency in utilizing tools and applications to complete assignments
- Strong business analytics, relationship management, strategy development, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Technically savvy and advanced
- Willing to travel at least 20% and work nights and weekends as requested
- Strong computer skills, including work with Mac, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Asana, and Dropbox
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
*To ensure the safety of our clients and employees, LEO requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.