LEO Events, an award-winning global brand-experience agency, is recognized as a pioneer of innovative, industry-changing practices. Since its founding in 2002, the LEO Events team has showcased unbridled creativity, inventive tactics, and an extremely collaborative approach. Named to EventMarketer’s Top 100 It List for five consecutive years, LEO’s work is intentionally entrenched in the latest advancements, research, and data, ensuring that all events – virtual, live, and hybrid – are grounded in efficient and reasonable practices. LEO’s clientele includes national and international brands such as Walmart, AutoZone, and Hilton Hotel Corporation.
LEO Events is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept diversity, equity, and inclusion, we celebrate, support, and commit to growing it – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. Our corporate office is in Memphis with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing financial support to the VP Finance in an emerging small business with 40+ total full-time employees and 3 offices. Position requires a general accounting background, strong computer skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff as well as outside clients and vendors. Position will project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction. Ideal candidate is comfortable working with confidential information and possess office experience, invoicing experience, and attention to detail. Position reports to VP Finance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- General Accounting
- Accurate and timely closing of the general ledger and creation of financial statements
- Recording manual journal entries and accruals, and review of automated transactions
- Prepare account reconciliations, including bank and payroll related
- Monthly account and financial statement reviews, including period over period and budget versus actual
- Accounts Receivable
- Execute and manage client invoice creation
- Manage AR Aging by communicating with account executives on delinquent accounts
- Routine reconciliation between accounting system and CRM
- Reporting and Other
- Prepare financial reports when necessary or needed
- Facilitate annual compilation and tax compliance efforts, coordinating with CPA firm
- Maintain company’s financial history with an organized filing system
- Function as the company administrator for Accounting system
- Train company new hires on Accounting procedures during onboarding
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing special projects as assigned
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Other Accounting and Finance duties as assigned
- Travel as needed and work remotely on nights and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field
- 1 to 3 years minimum experience in Accounting
- Experience with Sage 50 or other accounting software
- Experience with journal entries and account reconciliations
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and proactive attitude
- Willingness to learn and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and customer service focus
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time remaining in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.