LEO Events, an award-winning global brand experience agency, is recognized as a pioneer of innovative, industry-changing practices. Since its founding in 2002, the LEO Events team has showcased unbridled creativity, inventive tactics, and an extremely collaborative approach. Named to Event Marketer’s Top 100 It List for five consecutive years, LEO’s work is intentionally entrenched in the latest advancements, research, and data, ensuring that all events – virtual, live, and hybrid – are grounded in efficient and reasonable practices. LEO’s clientele includes national and international brands such as Walmart, AutoZone, and Hilton Hotel Corporation.
LEO Events is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept diversity, equity, and inclusion; we celebrate, support, and commit to growing it – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. Our corporate office is in Memphis, with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will work both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced, exciting, collaborative environment to identify opportunities for business growth and optimize marketing strategies. This position is responsible for supporting LEO’s Business Development and Marketing activities. You are a strong candidate if you possess: excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills, work cross-functionally between departments, an entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity, and the ability to connect with target clients, no matter the product or message.
This position is based in our Memphis, TN office. This position is required to work from a LEO office at least 4 days/week and is ineligible for full-time remote work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Business Development & Marketing support:
- Provides necessary support for the organization’s business development team and company partnerships, including:
- Respond, engage, and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Researching and hunting for potential prospects, new clients, and agency opportunities
- Work with Business Development team to identify leads, research business requirements, and present solutions to start the sales cycle
- Utilize marketing intelligence software to develop accurate prospect list(s) and maintain all internal and external mailing lists
- Communicating with Office Admin to maintain mailing lists for e-news drops and company communications
- Plan meetings, conferences, and trade shows for BD team coordinating mailing lists, booking prospect meetings, and uploading new business development contacts into marketing platform
- Work with industry publications to research and analyze advertising opportunities and ensure online agency profiles are updated/submitted
- Certifications for WBENC, SAM, NAWBO, City and State. Annual listing updates for industry memberships (ADMEI, Memphis Chamber, etc.) and marketing initiatives (Event Marketer, BizBash, etc.)
- Develop ideas for collateral, email marketing communications, media plan, and website and traffic the production of these tactics
- Research and analyze advertising opportunities
- Support CANVAS team on membership management, calendar coordination, and various tasks as needed
- Support VP, Marketing & Business Development on weekly BD meetings by preparing a weekly agenda and distributing detailed notes
- Assists VP, Marketing & Business Development with special projects, as assigned
- Development and maintenance of the company’s CRM for database marketing efforts and customer journey mapping
- Ensure jobs are entered, and financials are updated weekly, as needed, in CRM system
- Assist other Team members with the CRM system as needed. Responsible for company training and acting as subject matter expert for CRM.
- Assist with providing forecasting and sales reports from CRM, as needed for the executive team
- Track leads in CRM system to understand the customer journey and report findings in bi-weekly meetings
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years of sales/business development, marketing, and/or events industry experience
- Proven business development success through effective use of core sales tools, such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Tableau, Google Apps, etc.
- Google Analytics/SEO experience a plus
- Ability to coordinate projects, meet tight deadlines with a quick turnaround, and multi-task with a supreme sense of urgency and good time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a distributed sales team
- Strong desire to compete and win
- Possess strong attention to detail, self-motivated team player; ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to be politically cognizant and accommodating to key sponsors and partners
- Ability to learn anything new quickly and be able to implement that new concept to a product in a short turnaround
- Technically savvy and strong computer skills using the iOS platform with Microsoft Office, Asana, Dropbox, and more
- Professional and positive
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help colleagues when needed
- Strong work ethic and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel as requested (an average of 6x a year), working nights and weekends as needed
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated and/or airconditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Employee must be able to lift 25 pounds.
*To ensure the safety of our clients and employees, LEO requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.