LEO Events, an award-winning global brand experience agency, is recognized as a pioneer of innovative, industry-changing practices. Since its founding in 2002, the LEO Events team has showcased unbridled creativity, inventive tactics, and an extremely collaborative approach. Named to EventMarketer’s Top 100 It List for five consecutive years, LEO’s work is intentionally entrenched in the latest advancements, research, and data, ensuring that all events – virtual, live, and hybrid – are grounded in efficient and reasonable practices. LEO’s clientele includes national and international brands such as Walmart, AutoZone, and Hilton Hotel Corporation.
LEO Events is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept diversity, equity, and inclusion, we celebrate, support, and commit to growing it – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. Our corporate office is in Memphis with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for working with our operations team in executing operations in support of LEO Events’ local Memphis events and logistical transportation movements. The ideal candidate will thrive in a customer-facing environment and excel at handling multiple programs. The person in this role must be comfortable working in an office setting as well as onsite with client programs.
The position is based out of our Memphis, TN office and is required to work from the office 5 days/week. This position is ineligible for full-time remote work.
- 70% of the job will be dedicated to the logistics and transportation needs of all client and internal movements:
- Maintain vendor and driver relationships
- Gather client guarantees and agreement revisions, including manifest dictation and spreadsheet maintenance
- Work with Manager, Events, and Project Management to schedule part-time employee shifts for transportation movements and client programs
- Communicate program details and changes to client, hotel, and/or crew leader quickly and consistently to ensure program success
- Execute onsite operations and dispatch as needed
- Assist other LEO offices in servicing large transportation programs and logistical accounts as needed (travel may be required on a per-program basis)
- 30% of the job will be dedicated to supporting the local operations with event operations and logistics
- Attend site visits and execute onsite operations as needed
- Assist with internal events as needed
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Part-time staffing
- After 90 days in the role, this position may be asked to assist in a smaller role within a larger operation onsite with live events and productions outside of Memphis. Those events and opportunities are TBD at this time and will vary in the event scope of work.
- Learn & maintain CRM database (Event TESS) as it relates to account management and operations
- Assisting with financial reconciliation as requested
- 24/7 client accessibility by cell for program operations
- Track all hours in Harvest
- Other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in or a related field
- Transportation, logistics, and/or event professional with 2+ years of experience
- The candidate should be knowledgeable of the Memphis market
- Customer service oriented
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Ability to multitask
- Technically savvy and advanced
- Professional and positive approach
- Self-motivated team player
- Strong computer skills including work with MAC, Microsoft Office, Dropbox, and more
- Able to work flexible hours and weekends
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help colleagues when needed
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time remaining in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Must have the ability to lift 25 lbs. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.