LEO Events, an award-winning global brand experience agency, is recognized as a pioneer of innovative, industry-changing practices. Since its founding in 2002, the LEO Events team has showcased unbridled creativity, inventive tactics, and an extremely collaborative approach. Named to Event Marketer’s Top 100 It List for six consecutive years and Chief Marketer’s Top 200 Agencies for five consecutive years, LEO’s work is intentionally entrenched in the latest advancements, research, and data, ensuring that all events – virtual, live, and hybrid – are grounded in efficient and reasonable practices. LEO’s clientele includes national and international brands such as Walmart, AutoZone, and Hilton Hotel Corporation.
LEO Events is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept diversity, equity, and inclusion; we celebrate, support, and commit to growing it – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. Our corporate office is in Memphis, with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga.
LEO Events is seeking a Meeting Planner to join our professional team to manage and execute successful meetings and incentive events locally, nationally, and internationally. Working with LEO’s business development, digital, production, and creative teams, this position will lead mostly established accounts as the head planner. A highly visible role that demands extensive customer service skills, professionalism, and a willingness to handle all planning and administrative details of meetings, the ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging and fast passed atmosphere where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm. Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills are mandatory. This dynamic position will work in a team environment to produce turn-key meetings and incentive events. Working in an office setting, the position will entail moderate travel (estimated at 25-40%, depending on scope). We offer a full benefits package and a competitive salary.
The position can be based out of any of our three LEO offices and is required to work from the office at least 3 days/week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Management of multiple national meetings, medium to large-scale conferences, and events for a variety of clients simultaneously
- Support local events team with meeting or event management services as needed
- Site selection including hotel and/or venue, including the RFP process and contract negotiation
- Management of LEO Events annual contract and billing allocation with registration and meetings platform
- Event registration management including site build, module management, reporting, and on-site registration
- Attendee management including communications, booking travel, and general help liaison
- Virtual event management including event registration, attendee management, reporting, and post-event analytics
- Management of meeting-related staffing including scheduling, training, pre-event meetings, and debriefs
- Vendor RFP process and contract management as necessary
- Speaker & VIP Coordination
- Management of special event functions within the program
- Transportation vendor management as necessary
- Materials fulfillment, handling, and shipping
- Event marketing communications as necessary
- Tradeshow/Exhibit management
- Manage agendas, meeting specs, rooms diagrams, and BEOs
- Housing & Travel management including serving as liaison with the contracted travel agency
- Create and manage program budgets
- Key liaison with clients and meeting participants
- Troubleshooting for all meeting service needs
- Work with the creative team to design event materials and signage plans
- Client invoicing and reconciliation
- Management of Post-event evaluations & surveys
- Management of Internal/external debrief meetings
- Develop and grow relationships with meeting service vendors such as hoteliers, suppliers (PC nametag), DMCs, etc.
- Responsible for working with Principals and Senior Leaders on internal meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in or a related field.
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP), preferred
- Minimum 5+ years industry experience such as previous employment in corporate meetings and events, non-profit events, convention sales or services, destination management, hotel sales or services
- The candidate should be knowledgeable of market and industry trends
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organization while exercising a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Customer service oriented
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Strong business analytics, relationship management, strategy development, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Technically savvy and advanced
- Professional and positive approach
- Self-motivated team player
- Strong computer skills including work with MAC and PC, PowerPoint, Publisher, Dropbox, and more
- Ability to travel (estimated at 25-40%) and work nights and weekends as requested
- Operate job costed positions onsite as requested
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help colleagues when needed
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
*To ensure the safety of our clients and employees, LEO requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.