LEO Events, an award-winning global brand-experience agency, is recognized as a pioneer of innovative, industry-changing practices. Since its founding in 2002, the LEO Events team has showcased unbridled creativity, inventive tactics, and an extremely collaborative approach. Named to EventMarketer’s Top 100 It List for five consecutive years, LEO’s work is intentionally entrenched in the latest advancements, research, and data, ensuring that all events – virtual, live, and hybrid – are grounded in efficient and reasonable practices. LEO’s clientele includes national and international brands such as Walmart, AutoZone, and Hilton Hotel Corporation.
LEO Events is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept diversity, equity, and inclusion, we celebrate, support, and commit to growing it – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. Our corporate office is in Memphis with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga.
LEO Events is seeking a Meeting Coordinator to join our professional team to help the Meeting Services department manage and execute successful meetings and incentive programs virtually, locally, and nationally. This position will work with several departments and demands extensive customer service skills, professionalism, and a willingness to handle all planning and administrative details of meetings. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, organized, analytical, and enjoys combing through data in Excel. This position will report to a Meeting Planner and work in a team environment for our meeting services accounts, including turn-key event management and operational support. Working in an office setting, the position will entail moderate travel. We offer a full benefits package and competitive salary.
Position must work from Memphis or Nashville office at least 3 days/week and is not eligible for full-time remote work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support Meeting Services team with:
- Registration and attendee management support and meeting coordination duties as necessary
- Maintain accurate and organized files for internal and external programs
- Gather and prepare data in preparation of upcoming projects and identify future needs to complete projects
- RFP processing including sourcing, negotiation, and contracting
- Meeting services support such as managing agendas, meeting specs, diagrams, BEOs, signage plans, materials fulfillment, shipping, etc.
- Proposal writing and development as necessary
- Client site visit coordination
- Contract and invoice management
- Develop and maintain relationships with hotel personnel at the property and national level
- Develop and maintain relationships with venues and vendors both locally and through program coordination efforts
- Assisting with financial reconciliation as requested
- Attending networking events as requested
- Ability to execute small to medium meetings, events and/or conferences as the meeting services lead
- Support local events team with meeting or event management services as needed
- Participate as an active member of a local industry association
- Occasional department administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in or a related field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience such as previous employment in corporate meetings and events, non-profit events, convention sales or services, destination management, hotel sales or services
- Candidate should be knowledgeable of market and industry trends
- Candidate should be knowledgeable of registration platforms, Cvent experience preferred
- Knowledge of Memphis as a destination preferred
- Excellent communicator with ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organization while exercising a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Customer service oriented
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Strong business analytics, relationship management, strategy development, project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Technically savvy and advanced
- Professional and positive approach
- Self-motivated team player
- Strong computer skills including work with MAC and PC, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Dropbox, and more
- Ability to travel (estimated at 10-15%) and work nights and weekends as requested
- Operate job costed positions onsite as requested
- Must commit to becoming Cvent certified within the first year of employment, as well as obtaining their CMP within three years of employment
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help colleagues when needed
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.