LEO Events imagines, creates, designs and produces global corporate events, meetings, incentives, festivals and live experiences. We execute hundreds of events annually all over the world for brands like AutoZone, Hilton, Walmart, and Sherwin-Williams. Our business mix is 90 percent B2B and 10 percent public events and B2C activations. Named to Eventmarketer’s Top 100 It List two years in a row and Special Events Magazine’s Top 50 Event Companies, LEO is a tight-knit group of extraordinary individuals, and we’re constantly on the lookout for exceptional people to join our team. Our corporate office is in Memphis with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tenn.
LEO Events is seeking a Marketing Communication and Content Manager who can work both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced, exciting, collaborative environment. This position is responsible for the ongoing creation and execution of internal and external communications and marketing content for LEO Events, LEO Destinations, and CUE Experiences, and the portfolio of clients and brands we serve. You are a strong candidate if: you are agile, results-driven, and highly detail-oriented; you are deeply passionate about brand strategy, integrity, energy, identity, management, marketing, communications, awareness, and activation; you are an accomplished or aspiring creator of content for a variety of purposes, outlets, and audiences; you love words, phrases, and thoughtful expression; you care a lot about syntax, grammar, and punctuation — and you don’t always trust spellcheck; you are both self-sufficient and a team player; you are seeking an extraordinary growth opportunity to help architect and author amazing brand stories.
- Responsible for the overall company brand including brand standards
- Works with the VP of Marketing and Business Development to establish annual marketing calendar and associated budgets including ROI analysis of marketing initiatives
- Researches and communicates current industry trends and competitive analysis on an on-going basis
Communications and Public Relations
- Copywrites and produces all company collateral including digital newsletters, awards submissions, blog posts, social media posts, and all other internal and external communications
- Outlines and authors presentations and speeches for senior-leader speaking engagements and events
- Manages company’s Public Relation strategy and execution including keeping updated media lists and design and execution of press releases. Works proactively to seek editorial opportunities and book speaking engagements for company.
- Identify, submit and secure speaking engagements for key staff at conferences and other industry events and facilitate all arrangements for those attending. Act as project manager for the engagements onsite which includes all pre-planning, onsite set-up and management, and post event follow up.
- Works cross-functionally with other departments including Human Resources, Business Development, and Operations to develop engaging content based on their needs
- Plan, copywrite, and execute multiplatform digital marketing campaigns including email, and online advertising
- Content creation and copywriting for print advertising
- Manages company websites content and copy. Works with graphic designer to update website on an ongoing basis.
- Work with graphic designer on SEO/SEM for company websites. Analyze keywords and traffic information to make data-driven decisions and revenue attribution.
- Manages company’s overall strategy and copywriting of social media efforts and analytics. Reports monthly statistics to the company.
- Coordinate with and manage relationship with outside agencies on projects, as assigned
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading trade publications, and proactively staying on top of digital marketing trends
- LEO internal initiatives and events support for The Roar, Culture Committee, Memsgiving and all philanthropic efforts as assigned
- Content creation and copywriting for Jay Uiberall Foundation
- Other duties as assigned as well as occasional on-site support of event team and program support with production teams as requested (client-facing)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, tourism or relevant field of study, preferred but not required
- 3-4 years Brand marketing, marketing communications, and/or PR experience. Experiential Marketing, Events industry and/or agency experience a plus.
- Strong, demonstratable copywriting experience required
- Ability to coordinate projects, meet tight deadlines with quick turnaround, and multi-task with supreme sense of urgency and good time management skills
- Possess strong attention to detail, self-motivated team player
- Possess strong writing and editing skills and understand appropriate grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules
- Support the brand’s defined voice, tone, and nomenclature
- SEO and social media experience
- Experience with creative writing and independent research is ideal
- Ability to learn anything new quickly and be able to implement that new concept to a product in short turnaround
- Technically savvy and strong computer skills using Microsoft Office, Dropbox, and more (some experience in Keynote preferred)
- Professional and positive approach
- Great team member; willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help colleagues when needed
- Strong drive towards fulfillment of company’s goals
- Ability to work evening or weekends if needed for conferences, special projects, or to support client event.
- Willing to work nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel as requested (an average of up to 4-6x a year)
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time remaining in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.