LEO Events, an award-winning global brand experience agency, is recognized as a pioneer of innovative, industry-changing practices. Since its founding in 2002, the LEO Events team has showcased unbridled creativity, inventive tactics, and an extremely collaborative approach. Named to Event Marketer’s Top 100 It List for five consecutive years, LEO’s work is intentionally entrenched in the latest advancements, research, and data, ensuring that all events – virtual, live, and hybrid – are grounded in efficient and reasonable practices. LEO’s clientele includes national and international brands such as Walmart, AutoZone, and Hilton Hotel Corporation.
LEO Events is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept diversity, equity, and inclusion; we celebrate, support, and commit to growing it – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. Our corporate office is in Memphis, with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga
The Business Development Specialist will work both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced, exciting, collaborative environment to identify opportunities for business growth and optimize marketing strategies. This position is responsible for supporting LEO’s Business Development and Marketing activities. You are a strong candidate if you possess: excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills, the ability to work cross-functionally between departments, an entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity, and adaptability to dynamic and competing priorities.
This position is based in our Memphis, TN office. This position is required to work from a LEO office at least 3 days/week and is ineligible for full-time remote work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as Sales Development Representative (SDR) and provides necessary support for the organization’s business development team and company partnerships, including researching and hunting for potential prospects, new clients, and agency opportunities and accurate list(s) development and maintenance thereof.
- Maintain LEO Events and its partnerships’ accounts on sourcing portals and procurement sites.
- Ensure company certifications and industry listings are updated and submitted.
- Certifications for WBENC, SAM, NAWBO, City and State. Annual listing updates for industry memberships (ADMEI, Memphis Chamber, etc.) and marketing initiatives (Event Marketer, BizBash, etc.)
- Support VP, Marketing & Business Development on weekly BD meetings by preparing a weekly agenda and distributing detailed notes.
- Ensure jobs are entered, and financials are updated weekly, as needed, in our CRM system, TESS.
- Assist other Team members with the CRM system, TESS, as needed. Responsible for all company training and onboarding for TESS.
- Assist with providing forecasting and sales reports from TESS, as needed for the executive team.
- Implement a marketing-based CRM system to collect, score, and share leads.
- Development and maintenance of the company’s CRM for database marketing efforts and customer journey mapping.
Marketing and Sales Support
- Assists with lead generation efforts, including using marketing intelligence software to build prospect lists.
- Develop and maintain all mailing lists, including sorting, qualifying, exporting, and editing lists for e-news drops and company communications.
- Plan meetings, conferences, and trade shows for BD team by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements, establishing contacts, developing schedules, coordinating mailing lists, executing registration, travel, booth coordination, and financial reconciliation
- Evaluate and execute opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising campaigns on an on-going basis.
- Coordinate with outside agencies on projects, as assigned, and traffic creative to the marketing department for approval.
- Responsible for promotional material and collateral management, including coordinating requirements with the marketing team, budgeting, sourcing, inventorying stock, procurement, receipt, and distribution.
- Assists VP, Marketing with special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or relevant field of study, preferred but not required
- 2-3 years of marketing, business development, and/or events industry experience. Experiential Marketing and/or agency experience a plus.
- Ability to coordinate projects, meet tight deadlines with a quick turnaround, and multi-task with a supreme sense of urgency and good time management skills
- Possess strong attention to detail, self-motivated team player
- Possess strong communication skills
- Ability to learn anything new quickly and be able to implement that new concept to a product in a short turnaround
- Technically savvy and strong computer skills using the iOS platform with Microsoft Office, Asana, Dropbox, and more (some experience in Keynote preferred).
- Professional and positive.
- Great team member; willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help colleagues when needed
- Strong drive towards the fulfillment of the company’s goals
- Ability to work evenings or weekends if needed for conferences, special projects, or support client events.
- Ability to travel as requested (an average of up to 4-6x a year) with advance notice.
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time remaining in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.