LEO Events, an award-winning global brand-experience agency, is recognized as a pioneer of innovative, industry-changing practices. Since its founding in 2002, the LEO Events team has showcased unbridled creativity, inventive tactics, and an extremely collaborative approach. Named to EventMarketer’s Top 100 It List for five consecutive years, LEO’s work is intentionally entrenched in the latest advancements, research, and data, ensuring that all events – virtual, live, and hybrid – are grounded in efficient and reasonable practices. LEO’s clientele includes national and international brands such as Walmart, AutoZone, and Hilton Hotel Corporation.
LEO Events is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept diversity, equity, and inclusion, we celebrate, support, and commit to growing it – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. Our corporate office is in Memphis with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga.
LEO Events is seeking a Junior Developer for our expanding Digital Department based in our Nashville, TN office. This position requires the candidate to mix creative thinking with a large technical toolkit to build event apps, registration experiences, off-the-ground activations, and internal web management and design. LEO Events continues to push the edge of experiential marketing and we are looking for talented individuals to see us into the future. This position will report to the Lead Developer.
The position is based out of either our Nashville, Chattanooga, or Memphis, TN office and is required to work from the office at least 3 days/week following a successful 90-day review and is ineligible for full time remote work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Application of a high volume of data from multiple sources to various software platforms for distribution
- Augmentation of HTML and CSS in LEO Events’ software platform
- Developing solutions with a variety of technologies including React, Python, PostGreSQL, and Firebase
- Developing Augmented Reality (AR) solutions
- SQL and NoSQL database maintenance
- Provide solutions to custom programming requests
- Interface with other databases for data distribution (SSO, for example)
- Populate, organize, and troubleshoot event style mobile applications
- Create event websites that interface with existing third-party software solutions
- Provide supplemental hardware support for events
- Provide support as needed for internal hardware and software needs
- Custom creation and development of various activations from the ground up
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical education experience preferred
- Experience in web and/or mobile app development
- Preferred to have experience with, or is willing to learn Firebase, Python, and PostGreSQL
- Exceptional organization skills ranging from digital implements to archiving best practices
- Respect and maintain client and company confidentiality
- Proactive self-starter that acts with a sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Display a positive attitude and promote a harmonious work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Dropbox, Adobe Acrobat, and other programs such as Slack or Sketch
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.