LEO Events, an award-winning global brand experience agency, is recognized as a pioneer of innovative, industry-changing practices. Since its founding in 2002, the LEO Events team has showcased unbridled creativity, inventive tactics, and an extremely collaborative approach. Named to EventMarketer’s Top 100 It List for five consecutive years, LEO’s work is intentionally entrenched in the latest advancements, research, and data, ensuring that all events – virtual, live, and hybrid – are grounded in efficient and reasonable practices. LEO’s clientele includes national and international brands such as Walmart, AutoZone, and Hilton Hotel Corporation.
LEO Events is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept diversity, equity, and inclusion, we celebrate, support, and commit to growing it – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. Our corporate office is in Memphis with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga.
We are seeking an HR Manager to manage the daily operations of our company’s human resource department. An HR Manager is expected to be a conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and time management skills. You will have excellent administrative and IT skills with the ability to multitask and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, this role should display strong problem-solving and decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, staffing management, and payroll. This role must possess outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Top candidates will be fantastic at managing conflict, effective at project management, and thorough in the recruitment process.
This position must work from a LEO office and is ineligible for full-time remote work. This role will report into the Director, Human Resources.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Address HR related inquiries or grievances; identify staff conflicts and suggest potential solutions
- Manage recruitment:
- Work with hiring manager to create job descriptions
- Post job listings
- Identify qualified candidates by screening resumes
- Conduct interviews
- Analyze hiring assessments and distribute results to Director, HR, and hiring manager
- Provide hiring recommendations to hiring manager and Executive Team
- Write offer letters
- Manage onboarding for new hires:
- Facilitate company onboarding
- Process new hire paperwork
- Facilitate the procurement of all materials needed for new hires including a computer, AMEX, business cards, and office supplies
- Set up orientation meetings with the necessary departments
- Benefits administration:
- Manage employee benefits programs, including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Conduct annual benefits survey
- Reconcile benefits statements
- Perform as performance management platform administrator and assist supervisors with 90-day, annual, and mid-year reviews
- Manage Paycom (HRIS) to meet the organization’s personnel information needs
- Process semi-monthly payroll
- Update compensation spreadsheets as needed and write annual Sales, Goals, and Objective letters
- Work within the defined budget for the HR department
- Manage both hard and digital copies of personnel records
- Update job descriptions for all positions as directed
- Develop safety efforts
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Proven employee relations experience
- Payroll and benefits administration experience
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices
- Effective HR administration and people management skills
- Exposure to employment law and compliance
- Supports diversity
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time remaining in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.