LEO Events, an award-winning global brand-experience agency, is recognized as a pioneer of innovative, industry-changing practices. Since its founding in 2002, the LEO Events team has showcased unbridled creativity, inventive tactics, and an extremely collaborative approach. Named to EventMarketer’s Top 100 It List for five consecutive years, LEO’s work is intentionally entrenched in the latest advancements, research, and data, ensuring that all events – virtual, live, and hybrid – are grounded in efficient and reasonable practices. LEO’s clientele includes national and international brands such as Walmart, AutoZone, and Hilton Hotel Corporation.
LEO Events is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept diversity, equity, and inclusion, we celebrate, support, and commit to growing it – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. Our corporate office is in Memphis with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga.
A Graphic Designer at LEO Events contributes to company success by developing and executing creative concepts and designs for large scale corporate events including proposals, presentations (PowerPoint and KeyNote), and environmental in both digital and print mediums, while abiding with each of their unique brand standards. Responsibilities will also include design work for on-going internal marketing applications. LEO’s brand direction is unique, professional, creative, striking, and clean – we pride ourselves on being innovative and attention-getting without being over-designed. We communicate original, memorable messages within simple design for ourselves, and aim for a similar goal with our clients and partners. This position is a hands-on design role and reports directly to the Art Director.
The position is based out of either our Chattanooga or Nashville offices and is required to work from the office at least 3 days/week. This position is ineligible for full time remote work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for content design and development using a wide variety of applications, both internal and external
- Able to propose and deliver creative design solutions working alone using own initiative and collaboratively as part of a team
- Maintain creative assets for our clients and LEO’s brand, and sustain a database to expeditiously track such assets using own initiative where applicable
- Adheres to and maintains the integrity and continuous development of the company brand standards for internal applications, as well as a variety of clients
- Produce internal company needs for art and graphics; from capabilities documents to logos, brochures, business cards, and everything in-between
- Produce external company needs along-side VP Creative and Art Director to produce exceptional client facing work for RFPs, productions, graphics, signage, etc.
- Work with creative department, team members, and freelancers as applicable, to complete design needs in a fast-paced environment
- Represent the LEO Events Creative team, assisting with client-facing presentations and event execution
- Take ownership of Marketing collateral responsibilities based on delegated ongoing projects assigned by Art Director and assess need for updated design based on industry trends and research
- Maintain vendor lists to establish contacts and create a library of options for photography, video, printers, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ design experience
- Expert knowledge in Mac OSX, Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and design in Keynote and PowerPoint is required. This position will also require proficiency in cataloging and editing of photos and graphics.
- Corporate live events/production experience a plus, but not required
- Ability to utilize filing systems and processes of the department is required
- Respects and maintains confidentiality
- Strong ability to take direction and run with it, self-starter, positive attitude, but also be proactive to ask questions and willing to learn and grow
- Independent THINKER: We’re looking for original thinking, not merely “blowing out” someone else’s idea
- Ability to interact collaboratively with multiple teams and Design Department members
- Highly motivated, with a strong work ethic and proactive mindset
- Professional and positive approach
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Comfortable working in a remote/virtual setting
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize project requests
- Willing to work nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the year
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.