LEO Events, an award-winning global brand experience agency, is recognized as a pioneer of innovative, industry-changing practices. Since its founding in 2002, the LEO Events team has showcased unbridled creativity, inventive tactics, and an extremely collaborative approach. Named to Event Marketer’s Top 100 It List for five consecutive years, LEO’s work is intentionally entrenched in the latest advancements, research, and data, ensuring that all events – virtual, live, and hybrid – are grounded in efficient and reasonable practices. LEO’s clientele includes national and international brands such as Walmart, AutoZone, and Hilton Hotel Corporation.
LEO Events is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept diversity, equity, and inclusion; we celebrate, support, and commit to growing it – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. Our corporate office is in Memphis, with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga.
LEO Events is seeking an Executive Assistant to join our growing team! This is an excellent opportunity for candidates that are excited to learn about the events industry from the ground up and want to grow in their career.The Executive Assistant contributes to company success by conserving the Principals’ time and enhancing their effectiveness through his/her efforts. Position will be keenly aware of company operations and executive needs and will assist in ensuring day-to-day operations are running smoothly and company objectives are being met. In addition, the Executive Assistant acts as a liaison between the Principals and the employees, when applicable. This position also plays a significant role in the internal events and philanthropic efforts team as well as special projects and partnerships.
This position is based in our Memphis, TN office. This position is required to work from a LEO office 5 days/week and is ineligible for full-time remote work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conserve Time for Principals
- Read, research and route correspondence; draft letters and documents; initiate telecommunications
- Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information
- Process monthly AMEX reports with receipts and GL coding for Principals
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements for Principals, including airfare, hotel and car rental as needed. Be on call 24/7 as needed to assist with changes or delays.
- Manage Principals’ professional calendars
- Screen calls for Principals
- Write and mail thank you note/emails in a timely manner
- Weekly Staff Meeting
- Develop, prepare, and circulate agenda. Print final agendas for Principals’ review.
- Meetings and Events
- Host meetings on behalf of Principals by sending out the Outlook invitations and presenting material and records as needed
- Record meeting minutes as requested
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials both in written and electronic formats
- Assist Principals in scheduling and coordinating meetings as requested, including all contracts, F&B, A/V, and final billing or reconciliation
- Assist Principals with special employee recognition/ appreciation and other events as assigned
- Internal special event coordination:
- Manage office catered meals, as instructed by Principals or LEO employees
- Booking room blocks, as instructed by Principals or LEO employees
- Coordination for ET meetings and events to include Sr. Leadership, Business Development and Marketing retreats and employee events, including the annual holiday party
- The Roar, LEO’s annual meeting
- LEO Gives
- Vendor Management and Office Management
- Ensure housekeeping vendors are scheduled weekly
- Ensure maintenance vendors are scheduled as needed (exterior landscaping, fire extinguisher, carpet cleaners, office equipment, etc.)
- Schedule quarterly maintenance and detailed cleanings of the company car
- Responsibilities for River Hawk as assigned
- Special Projects
- As assigned
- Assist Principals with Edge neighborhood merchant relations
- Assist Principals with River Hawk leasing as needed
- Philanthropic initiatives including the St. Jude Memphis Marathon
- College degree preferred
- Hospitality, tourism, or convention services/event sales experience preferred
- Some degree of accounting, contract negotiations, knowledge of Executive level coordination and AMEX reconciliation management
- Demonstrates loyalty to Principals and anticipates their needs
- Continued proven ability to conserve Principals’ time
- Represents the Principals professionally externally and internally
- Can prioritize tasks and exhibit exceptional time management and multitasking skills with a high attention to detail
- Demonstrate trustworthiness, the utmost discretion and responsibility
- Validate accountability by showing initiative to get tasks completed without direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, problem solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects while striving for excellence
- Display a positive attitude and promote a harmonious work environment
- Mastery of the Cisco phones and WebEx systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Publisher, and Access database
- Must be able to drive a car and run errands as needed on a consistent basis
- Willing to work occasional overtime
- Accessible by cell phone after work hours and on weekends as needed
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time remaining in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.