LEO Events is a global events agency that brings brands to life through corporate events, festivals, live experiences, meeting management, destination management and anything that makes people ~ Follow the Roar ~ of applause, of the crowds and of the cheers. We execute hundreds of events annually all over the world for brands including Walmart, AutoZone and ExxonMobil. Our business mix is 90% B2B and 10% Public Events and B2C activations. Most recently named to EventMarketer’s Top 100 It List for the third consecutive year, LEO is a magnet for talent, and we’re constantly on the lookout for exceptional people to join our team. Our corporate office is located in Memphis, Tennessee and we have additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee.
The Director of Marketing and Business Development is responsible for leading and managing the execution of multi-dimensional strategies. They will also be responsible for the development of long-term goals to ensure business growth in order to position LEO Events as the leading global events agency. This position will build solid connections in a business development capacity that benefit the company’s sales objectives and participate in client pitches. This position will also manage the company’s internal and external communications to develop a strong industry brand and implement an enviable corporate image by executing effective communication, public relations, and social media programs. Working with LEO’s executive team, this position will coordinate projects and determine which should be completed internally and externally collaborating closely with the business development, creative, and production teams. Strong leadership and presentation skills are required. The Director of Marketing and Business Development will manage a Business Development Coordinator, Communications Coordinator, Jr. Graphic Designer, and partial supervision of Digital Marketing Coordinator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implementation of strong and competitive business development strategies that result in overall growth of company and its sales revenue:
• Work with Executive Team and Account Executives to set annual company goals and strategies to achieve these goals
• Maintain a tracking system through CRM, which will be used to view projections, sales history, a prospecting tool, and for sales analytics. It will also be used for measurement and reporting needed for award submissions and procurement questions.
• Develop strategies for cold sales reaches and prospecting on a consistent basis
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget, and tactics
- Develop and maintain a strong industry and competitive brand that aligns with the organization’s vision statement, implementing that brand across all channels
• Use the marketing budget to achieve leads and RFPs, then disseminating leads through the appropriate Account Executive
• Measure business development goals against marketing budget to determine ROI
- Shepherd business development, creative, and production teams in the creation and preparation of and response to RFPs/proposals/pitches tailoring the information to respond to the client needs, with support from the BDC and CC.
- Oversight of the internal collation of company’s response to RFPs to include copywriting, case studies, and assets
- Manage and implement budgets effectively for ROI
- Management of company websites and all messaging
- Ensure all company campaigns are aimed at reaching appropriate targets
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, advertising, trade show opportunities, and hosted events on an on-going basis
- Effectively design, implement, and execute the company’s PR plan, including crisis management
- Manage Digital Marketing Coordinator’s company social media strategy
- Develop and placement of all company advertising efforts
- Manage client events, seminars, and FAMS (internally and externally)
- Oversight of outsourced marketing firm retainer and projects monthly
• Oversight of all LEO Events copy with marketing firm including dissemination of all creative and art internally
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding a communications strategy surrounding them
- Primary contact for all media requests
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in marketing
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant marketing and business development experience across divergent channels
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of a broad range of communications activities – media, websites, publications, marketing, social media, events, etc.
- Proven and demonstrable experience of working with a wide range of media including developing media strategies and relations, editing and writing, web development including content, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube), and working with e-communications
- Excellent communicator with ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organization while exercising a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Skilled at motivating and guiding the work of colleagues and team members
- Adhering to confidentiality at the highest level with professionalism and positivity
- Strong writing and communications skills, including impressive presentation skills
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Strong business analytics, relationship management, strategy development, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Technically savvy and advanced
- Strong computer skills including work with MAC, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Keynote, Dropbox, etc.
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help colleagues when needed
- Strong drive towards fulfillment of company’s goals
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and desire to learn
- Willing to travel at least 20% and work nights and weekends as requested