LEO Events, an award-winning global brand experience agency, is recognized as a pioneer of innovative, industry-changing practices. Since its founding in 2002, the LEO Events team has showcased unbridled creativity, inventive tactics, and an extremely collaborative approach. Named to Event Marketer’s Top 100 It List for six consecutive years and Chief Marketer’s Top 200 Agencies for five consecutive years, LEO’s work is intentionally entrenched in the latest advancements, research, and data, ensuring that all events – virtual, live, and hybrid – are grounded in efficient and reasonable practices. LEO’s clientele includes national and international brands such as Walmart, AutoZone, and Hilton Hotel Corporation.
LEO Events is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept diversity, equity, and inclusion; we celebrate, support, and commit to growing it – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. Our corporate office is in Memphis, with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga.
LEO Events is seeking a Computer Aided Design (CAD) Designer to join our growing Creative Team. The CAD Designer performs design and/or drafting assignments for our corporate events, public events, and festivals.
The position is based out of either our Chattanooga or Nashville offices and is required to work from the office at least 3 days/week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop layouts and floorplans for corporate general sessions, meeting rooms, exhibits, banquets, hybrid presentation environments, and public events. Adhere to fire codes, rules, and regulations specific to each venue.
- Implement 3D CAD layouts to assess viability of venue, scenic, and screen dimensions, sight lines, audience seating
- Create 2D floorplans and 3D wireframe layouts of general sessions and meeting rooms.
- Follow and implement CAD standards and file organization as directed by Production Designer
- Assists with hands-on troubleshooting efforts from production department and other members of the creative department
- Performs maintenance of CAD files in response to technical or engineering changes
- Interfaces with other team members to verify that data pertaining to product specification is documented accurately
- Verifies that the appropriate linkages are established when creating/modifying models and drawings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Accreditation from a technical school or an applicable skilled trades program or equivalent experience
- 3 years of related experience in the Audio-Visual Industry
- Demonstrated proficiency in relevant technology and drafting techniques
- Basic knowledge of audio, lighting, video and rigging systems, and spatial design
- Experience with CAD software. Our industry uses Vectorworks and the candidate will require an aptitude to learn, train, and gain proficiency with this software within the first 3-4 months of their hire.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Cinema 4D is a plus
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Drop Box, and able to compile ideas within PowerPoint/Keynote decks to present ideas to team
- Highly organized and effective time management skills
- Detailed oriented, effectively cataloging files and managing version control
- Strong client focus and receptive to requested changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, subject matter experts, and a variety of different departments
- Creative in thoughts and actions; ability to communicate innovative solutions
- Strong work ethic and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle numerous accounts/projects simultaneously with self-prioritizing and meeting deadlines
- Able to travel approximately 20%, working nights and weekends as needed
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time remaining in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking.
*To ensure the safety of our clients and employees, LEO requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.