LEO Events, an award-winning global brand experience agency, is recognized as a pioneer of innovative, industry-changing practices. Since its founding in 2002, the LEO Events team has showcased unbridled creativity, inventive tactics, and an extremely collaborative approach. Named to Event Marketer’s Top 100 It List for six consecutive years and Chief Marketer’s Top 200 Agencies for five consecutive years, LEO’s work is intentionally entrenched in the latest advancements, research, and data, ensuring that all events – virtual, live, and hybrid – are grounded in efficient and reasonable practices. LEO’s clientele includes national and international brands such as Walmart, AutoZone, and Hilton Hotel Corporation.
LEO Events is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don’t just accept diversity, equity, and inclusion; we celebrate, support, and commit to growing it – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, our industry, and our communities. Our corporate office is in Memphis, with additional offices in Nashville, Chattanooga, and Asheville, NC.
The Administrative Assistant contributes to the company success by ensuring the Nashville office operations are running smoothly. This includes but is not limited to, answering the main phone and transferring incoming calls, greeting visitors, managing deliveries and shipments out, keeping kitchen and work areas stocked, providing administrative and operational support; assisting on special projects, organizing schedules, managing and maintaining calendars in outlook, coordination of conference calls, reconciling AMEX and expense reports, ordering office supplies, making travel arrangements, preparing documents and presentations, and assisting the Nashville Senior Vice Presidents as needed. This position is aware of company operations and assists in ensuring day-to-day operations are running smoothly and company objectives are being met. This is an in-office position with limited travel, if any.
The position is based out of our Nashville, TN office and is required to work from the office 5 days/week. This position is ineligible for full-time remote work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and maintain SVP calendars including scheduling appointments, internal/external meetings and conference calls, and travel arrangements; including those of employees/trainees coming to Nashville
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for meetings & events for various executive meetings
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials both in written and PowerPoint/Excel formats
- Send reminders and handle all information, requests, and follow-ups to ensure effective communication with all parties involved
- Record meeting minutes as needed to create an accurate account of the meetings and to record decisions made and assigned actions
- Negotiate and manage corporate accounts and contracts on behalf of the company to ensure profitability and build relationships
- Assist the General Manager with building/office management and office safety initiatves
- Coordinate office events, meals, group lunch orders, and other celebrations when called-upon for meetings or other functions
- Process AMEX and company expense reports for SVPs
- Track, coordinate, and submit show related invoices to accounting
- Conserve the SVPs time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; initiating telecommunications and performing shipping projects
- Maintain office supplies and marketing collateral/gift/signage inventory
- Run office related errands
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in office administration experience
- Experience managing CRM operations, implementation preferred (HubSpot, Zoho, Salesforce, or similar)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Dropbox, Adobe Acrobat, and other basic software
- Some degree of accounting, knowledge of FedEx account management and AMEX reconciliation management
- Demonstrate trustworthiness, responsibility, and accountability
- Highly motivated self-starter that embraces the opportunity to work independently and tackle other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational and problem solving skills
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve
- Ability to handle numerous accounts/projects simultaneously with excellent organizational skills; the ability to self-manage priorities and commitments, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with multiple executives and other team members as needed
- Proactive and act with a sense of urgency
- Display a positive attitude and promote a harmonious work environment
- Ability to follow organizational and professional protocol
- Respect and maintain confidentiality
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
*To ensure the safety of our clients and employees, LEO requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.