LEO Events imagines, creates, and produces global corporate events, festivals, live experiences, logistics, destination management and anything that makes people – Follow the Roar – of applause, of the crowds and of the cheers. We execute hundreds of events annually all over the world; among others, we produce the KAABOO Del Mar music festival and events for brands like Walmart, ExxonMobil and Hilton Garden Inn. Our business mix is 90% B2B and 10% Public Events and B2C activations. Named to multiple Best Agency lists, including Event Marketer’s Top 100 It List, LEO is a tight-knit group of extraordinary individuals, and we’re constantly on the lookout for exceptional people to join our team. Our corporate office is in Memphis, Tennessee with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee.
LEO Events is a cutting-edge, fast-growing global event agency and seeks exceptional individuals for the long term, invests in their growth and development, and provides a unique & fun work environment. A number of Fortune 500 companies depend upon us to produce their internal and external events, and in doing so, place their trust in us for messaging, branding and communication, for both their team members and consumers.
The perfect candidate for this position is someone who can focus, think in terms of both the “big picture” and the myriad of details that must be completed to bring the big ideas to life. This person has a strong work ethic, can juggle multiple priorities and timelines, works well independently in a fast paced environment.
The Video Editor will be responsible for the editing and finishing of internal and external video modules. This will include footage assembly, color correction and sound finishing, basic graphic animations and occasional video shooting. This position will be responsible for cataloging and tracking all footage on LEO’s or their client’s behalf. This position will work closely with creative directors and producers to create finished video deliverables, but will also work independently on some projects.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work under direction or autonomously to create and deliver finished video modules that tell the internal or client story as assigned
- Create cutting edge video edits, and professional and engaging graphics
- Provide basic video shooting for creative or documentation purposes
- Work on tight turnarounds and strict schedule requirements
- Oversee video finishing in both color correction and audio finishing
- Animate pre-existing artwork for use within videos
- Maintain video archive filing system of all RAW footage, final videos, show records and files uploaded to our online viewing portals
- Monday-Friday work schedule required in addition to occasional evenings and weekends
- Approximately 10-20% of travel required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a film or media-related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in video editing
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premier Pro and Final Cut Pro X
- Operational knowledge of Mac OS X, Adobe Media Encoder, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, and Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Experience with high end DSLR equipment and tech
- Knowledge of building motion graphics a plus
- Proficient in producing, styling and editing videos
- Demonstrates sophisticated aesthetic, technical skill, and knowledge of current media trends
- Strong team player demonstrating great work ethic with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to make dynamic creative decisions and follow creative direction
- Creative in thoughts and actions; ability to actively anticipate obstacles and create/suggest solutions
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Motivated self-starter that embraces the opportunity to work independently and tackle other duties as assigned
- Ability to handle numerous accounts/projects simultaneously with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively co-manage the project team and interns
- Employee required to spend majority of time remaining in a seated position looking at a computer screen. In addition, employee will be required to do some standing, walking, lifting, and moving camera and lighting equipment up to 50lbs. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
Location: Nashville, TN
Reports to: VP Creative
FLSA Status: Full Time/Exempt