Meeting & Event Coordinator
LEO Events imagines, creates, and produces global corporate events, festivals, live experiences, logistics, destination management and anything that makes people – Follow the Roar – of applause, of the crowds and of the cheers. We execute hundreds of events annually all over the world; among others, we produce the KAABOO Del Mar music festival and events for brands like Walmart, ExxonMobil and Hilton Garden Inn. Our business mix is 90% B2B and 10% Public Events and B2C activations. Named to multiple Best Agency lists, including Event Marketer’s Top 100 It List, LEO is a tight-knit group of extraordinary individuals, and we’re constantly on the lookout for exceptional people to join our team. Our corporate office is in Memphis, Tennessee with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee.
LEO Events is a cutting-edge, fast-growing global event agency and seeks exceptional individuals for the long term, invests in their growth and development, and provides a unique & fun work environment. A number of Fortune 500 companies depend upon us to produce their internal and external events, and in doing so, place their trust in us for messaging, branding and communication, for both their team members and consumers.
The perfect candidate for this position is someone who can focus, think in terms of both the “big picture” and the myriad of details that must be completed to bring the big ideas to life. This person has a strong work ethic, can juggle multiple priorities and timelines, works well independently in a fast paced environment.
LEO Events is seeking a Meeting & Events Coordinator to join our professional team to manage and execute successful events, meetings and incentive programs locally, nationally and some internationally. Working with LEO’s business development, production and creative teams, this position demands extensive customer service skills, professionalism and a willingness to handle all planning and administrative details of meetings and events. The ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging and fast passed atmosphere where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the norm. Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills are mandatory. This position will report to the Director of Events and work in a team environment for our meeting services and DMC/local corporate accounts, including turn-key event management and operational support. Working in an office setting, the position will entail moderate travel. We offer a full benefits package and competitive salary. Position will be based in Memphis TN.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overall account management from start to finish for small to medium meetings, event and/or conferences
Support DMC Services team with;
- Proposal writing and development as necessary
- Client site visit coordination
- Contract and Invoicing
- Event operations & vendor management
- Staffing management
Support Meeting Services team with;
- RFP processing including sourcing, negotiation and contracting
- Registration support and meeting planning duties as necessary
- Meeting services support such as managing agendas, meeting specs, diagrams, BEOs, signage plans, materials fulfillment, shipping, etc.
- Local venue, vendor and hotel relationships
- Assisting with financial reconciliation as requested
- Attending networking events and receptions as requested
- This position will be expected to be an active member of a local industry association
- Support Event Managers with Part-Time team management
- Occasional department administrative duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in or a related field.
- 3-5 years industry experience such as previous employment in corporate meetings and events, non-profit events, convention sales or services, destination management, hotel sales or services
- Candidate should be knowledgeable of market and industry trends
- Candidate should be knowledgeable of registration platforms
- Experience with high end DSLR equipment and tech
- Knowledge of Memphis as a destination preferred
- Customer service oriented
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Strong business analytics, relationship management, strategy development, project management and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task
- Technically savvy and advanced
- Professional and positive approach
- Self-motivated team player
- Strong computer skills including work with MAC and PC, Power Point, Publisher, Dropbox, and more
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to travel (estimated at 10-15%) and work nights and weekends as requested
- Operate job costed positions onsite as requested
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and itch in to help colleagues when needed
Department: Business Development
Location: Memphis, TN
Reports to: Director of Events
FLSA Status: Full Time/Exempt