Junior Graphic Designer
LEO Events imagines, creates, and produces global corporate events, festivals, live experiences, logistics, destination management and anything that makes people – Follow the Roar – of applause, of the crowds and of the cheers. We execute hundreds of events annually all over the world; among others, we produce the KAABOO Del Mar music festival and events for brands like Walmart, ExxonMobil and Hilton Garden Inn. Our business mix is 90% B2B and 10% Public Events and B2C activations. Named to multiple Best Agency lists, including Event Marketer’s Top 100 It List, LEO is a tight-knit group of extraordinary individuals, and we’re constantly on the lookout for exceptional people to join our team. Our corporate office is in Memphis, Tennessee with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee.
LEO Events is a cutting-edge, fast-growing global event agency and seeks exceptional individuals for the long term, invests in their growth and development, and provides a unique & fun work environment. A number of Fortune 500 companies depend upon us to produce their internal and external events, and in doing so, place their trust in us for messaging, branding and communication, for both their team members and consumers.
The perfect candidate for this position is someone who can focus, think in terms of both the “big picture” and the myriad of details that must be completed to bring the big ideas to life. This person has a strong work ethic, can juggle multiple priorities and timelines, works well independently in a fast paced environment.
The Junior Graphic Designer will be fluid in print and digital design and adept at researching and emulating various brand and design guidelines; this candidate will work on, and in conjunction with, an incredible lineup of global brands, and therefore must be proficient in learning and designing for each unique client and circumstance. This position will also require proficiency in cataloging and editing of photos and graphics, and utilization of Adobe CC programs such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Understanding of Keynote and PowerPoint is a bonus. In addition to a wide variety of client-facing projects, learning and understanding the LEO brand is key and a must. This hands-on design role is located in Chattanooga office reporting directly to the Art Director.
Essential functions are listed in order of importance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining creative assets for our clients and LEO’s brand
- Assist in managing and enforcing company brand standards and guidelines for ourselves as well as a variety of clients
- Produce internal and external company needs for art and graphics; from capabilities documents to logos, and brochures to business cards, and everything in-between
- Work with additional LEO design department and team members to complete design needs on the fly, in a quick paced environment
Education: Bachelor Degree in design-related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 1-2 years of design experience
- Must provide resume and impactful portfolio showing a wide range of capabilities
- Proficient in Macintosh based platform using PowerPoint, Keynote, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Proficient in Macintosh based platform using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), MicroSoft office and Keynote
- Respects and maintains confidentiality
- Strong ability to take direction and run with it, but also be proactive to ask questions and willing to learn and grow
- Highly motivated, with a strong work ethic and proactive mindset
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high volume environment
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Reports to: Art Director
FLSA Status: Exempt