Graphic Design Intern
LEO Events imagines, creates, and produces global corporate events, festivals, concerts, live experiences, logistics and anything that makes people Follow the Roar – of the crowds and of the cheers. We execute hundreds of events annually all over the world; among others, we produce the KAABOO-Del Mar music festival, and events for brands like Walmart, ExxonMobil and Hilton Worldwide. LEO is a tight-knit group of extraordinary individuals, and we’re constantly on the lookout for exceptional people to join our team.
The position of Graphic Design Intern is primarily responsible for executing the design needs specified by the Art Director for items such as creative briefs for proposals, print, digital and PowerPoint presentations, sales materials for internal and external marketing directives, and assisting in organization of photography and graphic assets.
The right candidate will have the primary responsibility of working alongside the Art Director to design presentations, as well as design for a wide variety of other applications, both internal and external. LEOs brand direction is unique, professional, creative, striking and clean – we pride ourselves on being innovative and attention-getting without being over-designed. We communicate original, memorable messages within simple design for ourselves, and aim for a similar goal with our clients and partners.
The candidate will be fluid in many design styles and adept at researching and emulating various brand and design guidelines; this candidate will work on, and in conjunction with, an incredible lineup of global brands, and therefore must be proficient in learning and creating for each unique client and circumstance.
Essential functions are listed in order of importance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining creative assets for our clients and LEO’s brand
- Manage and enforce company brand standards and guidelines for ourselves as well as a variety of clients
- Produce internal and external company needs for art and graphics; from capabilities documents and brochures to business cards, and everything in-between
- Work with additional LEO design department and team members to complete design needs on the fly, in a quick paced environment
- Education: At least 3 years of design experience or junior to senior level classes while currently enrolled at college level
- Or Bachelor Degree in design-related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work flexibly, 10-20 hours weekly
- Must provide a modern and impactful portfolio showing a wide range of capabilities
- Solid experience in Mac environment, proficient in Adobe Creative suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc…
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Reports to: Art Director
FLSA Status: Exempt