LEO Events imagines, creates, designs and produces global corporate events, meetings, incentives, festivals and live experiences. We execute hundreds of events annually all over the world like KAABOO Del Mar (nominated by Pollstar as Festival of the Year) and for brands like Walmart, ExxonMobil and Sherwin-Williams. Our business mix is 90 percent B2B and 10 percent public events and B2C activations. Named to Eventmarketer’s Top 100 It List two years in a row and Special Events Magazine’s Top 50 Event Companies, LEO is a tight-knit group of extraordinary individuals, and we’re constantly on the lookout for exceptional people to join our team. Our corporate office is in Memphis with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tenn. Follow the Roar with LEO Events.
The Controller provides financial and business expertise to guide the development of strategies that support the business plan and growth with a strong emphasis on execution. The Controller directs the fiscal functions of the corporation with generally accepted accounting principles in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance
- Participate as a strategic partner in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization. Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies/contracts and regulatory action
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends to assist the Principals in performing their responsibilities
- Provide financial oversight of multiple company entities. Incorporate reporting of all subsidiaries for monthly/quarterly update meetings with Principals.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation
- Development of projection models for expense and revenue growth
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position. Process International/Domestic wires
- Responsible for the procurement of goods and services. Duties include planning, scheduling, initiating, monitoring and quality assurance of all procurement and contract activities.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs; i.e., Insurance(s), Taxes, etc.
- Evaluate client credit data and history and make recommendations regarding credit limits. Supervise delinquent account collection and recommend terms of payment. Monitor accounts to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports
- Review and manage tax compliance function, including tax returns, tax planning strategies and structuring. Process company taxes, business license renewals and sales tax on a monthly basis
- Design, implement and monitor risk management processes to protect the company’s assets
- Effectively manage Finance department including daily operations and staff including development, coaching, and annual reviews. Provide backup whenever needed:
- Oversee the processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports, cash control, payroll processing and payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee all accounts receivable aging components including billings, etc.; and quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports.
- Implementation and administration of new accounting/CRM systems
- Participate in company annual due diligence meetings
- Travel as needed and available to work remotely on nights and weekends if applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- 10 to 15 years of hands-on accounting managerial experience
- Technical skills and experience in financial reporting and analysis, cash flow management, mergers and acquisitions and budgeting/forecasting
- Proven and demonstrable experience in accounting/CRM software, preferably Sage Financial
- Complex financial management
- Ability to manage profitability
- Strategic planner and company visionary
- Quality management and process improvement
- Ability to forecast; develop and track annual budget
- Ethical Conduct
- Performance Management
- Excellent communicator with ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organization while exercising a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Strong computer skills including work with MAC and PC, Microsoft Office Suite and Dropbox
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands
- Employee required to spend a portion of time in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well-lit, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
Location: Memphis, TN
Reports to: Principals
Supervises: Accounting Manager and Accounts Payable Specialist
FLSA Status: Full Time/Exempt