LEO Events imagines, creates, and produces global corporate events, festivals, live experiences, logistics, destination management and anything that makes people – Follow the Roar – of applause, of the crowds and of the cheers. We execute hundreds of events annually all over the world; among others, we produce the KAABOO Del Mar music festival and events for brands like Walmart, ExxonMobil and Hilton Garden Inn. Our business mix is 90% B2B and 10% Public Events and B2C activations. Named to multiple Best Agency lists, including Event Marketer’s Top 100 It List, LEO is a tight-knit group of extraordinary individuals, and we’re constantly on the lookout for exceptional people to join our team. Our corporate office is in Memphis, Tennessee with additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee.
LEO Events is a cutting-edge, fast-growing global event agency and seeks exceptional individuals for the long term, invests in their growth and development, and provides a unique & fun work environment. A number of Fortune 500 companies depend upon us to produce their internal and external events, and in doing so, place their trust in us for messaging, branding and communication, for both their team members and consumers.
The perfect candidate for this position is someone who can focus, think in terms of both the “big picture” and the myriad of details that must be completed to bring the big ideas to life. This person has a strong work ethic, can juggle multiple priorities and timelines, works well independently in a fast paced environment.
The Associate Producer (AP) is responsible for generating, acquiring and preparing materials and information for use in the production of programs and events. The AP works closely with client services, creative and project production leads to build and maintain the production schedule, travel schedules, content management, and assures deliverables are being met according to the confirmed timeline. The AP supports the production process by maintaining project documentation for production elements, research, production and client team communications, show books, agendas/schedules, distribution of documents to team members, and logistical. The AP will work directly with the executive production team in maintaining budget, vendor contracts and freelance management. This position will follow a content management path as one of the primary focuses and a concentrated focus on content management and project management. This position will train and cross train in a variety of positions.
- Seasoned event professional with over 5+ years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in at least one area of specialty, i.e.; graphic design, print management, video, stage production, content management, etc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with senior team members to develop production timeline
- Maintain timeline of deliverables and distribution of materials through email, Dropbox and other forms of communication
- Acquire permits, insurance certificates, venue materials and other project administrative documents
- Responsible for portions of the production and overall quality of the program, i.e., graphic/content development, coordination and management, script development and supervision, video production coordination, etc.
- Ensure adequate client relations and development including timely recognition of communications
- Communicate with production team to identify areas of concern and troubleshoot early in the process
- Support scheduling and projects of regular team members
- Attend program site surveys and events
- Manage on-site program event operations from start to finish including event labor and staffing, production team support, and general trouble-shooting
- Assist production lead with program settlement and recon; maintain and submit accurate invoice tracking grid
- Take lead role in producing smaller programs or elements of larger ones
- Co-coordinate with the production event team, freelancers, and interns who provide event operational support to the SVP, Production and various project leads
- Approximately 25% travel required
- Able to work flexible hours at times
- Demonstrated knowledge of event production
- Ability to work unsupervised on small to medium projects
- Demonstrated leader among employees and peers
- Strong negotiating skills and capacity
- Creative in thought and actions; ability to actively anticipate obstacles and create/suggest solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Motivated self-starter that embraces the opportunity to work independently and tackle other duties as assigned
- Able to handle numerous accounts/projects simultaneously with excellent organizational skills
- Able to self-manage priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively co-manage the project team and interns
- Proficient in Mac OS and MS Office Suite, Dropbox, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook and other basic software; Adobe CC, Keynote, and other graphic software a plus
Department: Associate Producer
Location: Nashville, TN
Reports to: SVP Production
FLSA Status: Full Time/Exempt